The Board of SFTCG
There are open positions on the Board from 13 March 2020.
- member of SFTCG for a minimum of 3, and preferably 5 years
- primarily based in France or with substantive collaborations in France
- substantive academic post
The application process is as follows
- What we need: A CV and either a letter of intent (if you nominate yourself) OR a supporting letter (if you nominate someone else) outlining the candidate's motivation and qualities, to be sent to us by 1 March
- Key dates:
||March 2020 -
- Election: Electronic election in which all current members are eligible to vote
- Outcome: We will announce the new Board members during the SFTCG AGM, and by email shortly after
If you are an active SFTCG member interested in helping us to grow the society and increase our influence on the French research stage you are encouraged to nominate yourself or another SFTCG member to join the SFTCG Board when positions become available.
Each nomination will have to include a CV and a letter of intent or supporting letter outlining the candidate's motivation and what you feel the candidate would contribute to the Board. Nominations need to be submitted to the SFTCG office in writing.
The election will be conducted by an online vote in which only active SFTCG members eligible to take part. Voting instructions will be sent to active SFTCG members including any deadlines, results will be announced in the Annual General Meeting and published on the website and social media afterwards.
What it means to join the Board of SFTCG
As an SFTCG Board member you play an integral part in shaping the Society and the field of gene and cell therapy. The Board consists of 12 scientists from across France who work in the field of gene and cell therapy and 1 student Board member.
The main tasks of Board members are:
- Building the programme for the Annual Congress
- Building and maintaining relationships with societies, institutes, companies and individuals
- Contributing to meeting fundraising